Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Activation and setup error Activation and setup error is offline

Default cant activate word

My word program is in reduced functionality mode. I cant activate it cause
get a message saying setup error see log files. What are log files and how
do I fix this? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Assuming this isn't an expired 60 day trial edition of Office 2007, try running the diagnostics from
Office Button=Word Options=Resources
as a first step.

Log files are what the program/installer writes in a 'Temp' files folder as it processes an installation/repair activity.

===============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Activation and setup error[_2_] Activation and setup error[_2_] is offline

Thanks for the reply. My mom bought the computer and think she just didnt
activate in the beginning before sending to me. Ive done the diagnostics and
didnt come up with anything. When I push the activate button under resources
it says setup error. How do I find out if it is a trial version, which I
dont think it is. Or how to I view the file logs as it says to do? Thanks
again.