Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EdInBirmingham EdInBirmingham is offline

Default Page numbers displaying in wrong format

I am using Word 2007.

I have divided a document into three sections using Section Break (Next
page). For each section, I inserted page numbers at the bottom of the page
using Insert \ Page Numbers \ Format Page Numbers.

The page numbers of the 2nd section are supposed to be in small Roman (i,
ii, iii, etc.), but they show up a Arabic numerals. When I run a Table of
Contents for the whole document, the TOC shows small Roman numerals for the
items in section 2.

How do I correct the page number display in the document?Ed
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Ed

EdInBirmingham wrote:
I am using Word 2007.

I have divided a document into three sections using Section Break (Next
page). For each section, I inserted page numbers at the bottom of the page
using Insert \ Page Numbers \ Format Page Numbers.

The page numbers of the 2nd section are supposed to be in small Roman (i,
ii, iii, etc.), but they show up a Arabic numerals. When I run a Table of
Contents for the whole document, the TOC shows small Roman numerals for the
items in section 2.

if the TOC shows something different than an _unformatted_ PAGE field on
the given page, that would be extremely odd! So my guess is the PAGE
field is not unformatted, but contains a formatting switch forcing it
arabic. Go into the header, select the field and display field codes
(SHIFT-F9).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

More likely, the PAGE field is set to 1, 2, 3 in the Format Page Numbers
dialog and has a \* roman switch to change the formatting on the page. The
TOC would ignore the formatting switch.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote in message
Hello Ed

EdInBirmingham wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EdInBirmingham EdInBirmingham is offline

Thank you for the information. Your suggestion worked. The field did show
up as {PAGE \* Arabic}. I took the \*Arabic out.

Ed

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Ed