Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jrparish jrparish is offline

Default change address layout in envelopes/labels when accessing Contacts

When I print envelopes and labels, and use an address from Contacts, the
Country appears before the ZIP code in the address. I want to either
eliminate Country, or move it to the end of the address
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CathyLL CathyLL is offline

I recently read this article. Try this link:
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-6185741.html

"jrparish" wrote:

When I print envelopes and labels, and use an address from Contacts, the
Country appears before the ZIP code in the address. I want to either
eliminate Country, or move it to the end of the address

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jrparish jrparish is offline

Default change address layout in envelopes/labels when accessing Conta

Thanks, CathyLL. Didn't work. When I go to Contacts, and select View, there
is no "arrange By. Only "current view" is an option, and the by Location
option displays some contacts with the United States of America location (and
the only way to delete that selection is to delete the entire Contact. Most
of the Country fields have only zip codes in them. It seems that Word adds
"United States of America" whenever it sees a US zip code. Thanks for your
help anyway.

"jrparish" wrote:

When I print envelopes and labels, and use an address from Contacts, the
Country appears before the ZIP code in the address. I want to either
eliminate Country, or move it to the end of the address

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Whether the country is added is determined by the regional settings of
Windows. If your region is set to English US then United States should not
be added.

See the relevant section of http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm re address
layout. If you want even more control, see the macros there to insert
addresses from Outlook.