Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kerry Kerry is offline

Default Please Help, anyone?

Hi,

I'm trying to create a title in the middle of the page with lines on both
sides. Kind of like this:

------------------------------Notes------------------------------------

But I need solid lines on both of the words. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

One solution that is not terribly elegant but will work is to use a
table:
make a table with three columns and two rows
vertically merge the middle column into one cell
vertically center the merged cell
add a border to the bottom of the top cell on either side

You'll have to resize the width of that middle column to conform to
your text, but it will work.

On Feb 10, 11:15*am, Kerry wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to create a title in the middle of the page with lines on both
sides. *Kind of like this:

But I need solid lines on both of the words. *Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Use a centre tab and right aligned tab. Select the tabs and use Ctrl+U to
underline them. Then use Format, Font, Character Spacing tab and set the
Position to raise the underlines tabs by several points until it looks just
right. If you would like a sample, email me your email address.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP