Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mrluv70 mrluv70 is offline

Default Copy and Cut Buttons Grayed Out

I am using Word 2003. My wife hit some strange key combination that grayed
out the COPY and Cut cuts on the tool bar and the same functions in the EDIT
menu. While CLT+C and CL+X still work, she is visual and not keyboard
orientated. How do I restore these buttons and functions to the EDIT menu?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

mrluv70 wrote:
I am using Word 2003. My wife hit some strange key combination that
grayed out the COPY and Cut cuts on the tool bar and the same
functions in the EDIT menu. While CLT+C and CL+X still work, she is
visual and not keyboard orientated. How do I restore these buttons
and functions to the EDIT menu?

I don't know of any keystroke that could gray out the buttons and commands,
as opposed to deleting them completely. However, try this: Open the Tools
Customize dialog and click the Toolbars tab. Select "Standard" in the list
and click the Reset button. Then select the "Menu Bar" in the list and click
Reset again.

If you had any customizations, additions or deletions on the Standard
toolbar or in the menus, they'll be removed along with whatever clobbered
the Copy and Cut commands.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman