Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
christy christy is offline

Default Paragraph format problem?

All of my word documents are opening with a paragraph symbol on every line.
I Would like to know how to get rid of them.
Thanks for helping.
Christy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 6 May 2009 18:12:01 -0700, Christy
wrote:

All of my word documents are opening with a paragraph symbol on every line.
I Would like to know how to get rid of them.
Thanks for helping.
Christy.

Click the button on the toolbar or ribbon that has that same ¶ symbol on it.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Or, if you mean you want to convert text pasted from a website into
proper paragraphs, then Find each Paragraph character (^p) and Replace
with a space (type a space) or (if there's already a space before each
paragraph mark) with nothing.

Seehttp://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Christy, in addition to what Jay and Grammatim have posted, you can use
either Ctrl+Shft+8 or the ¶ icon (on the Home ribbon or the Standard toolbar)
to toggle the view of these.
See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm for further
information as to how these characters (and others) can be very useful.
Hope this helps
DeanH

wrote:

All of my word documents are opening with a paragraph symbol on every line.
I Would like to know how to get rid of them.
Thanks for helping.
Christy.

Click the button on the toolbar or ribbon that has that same ¶ symbol on it.

Seehttp://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Thanks. That's the article I meant to cite, but I picked the wrong one out
of my list.

wrote:

All of my word documents are opening with a paragraph symbol on
every line. I Would like to know how to get rid of them.
Thanks for helping.
Christy.

Click the button on the toolbar or ribbon that has that same ¶
symbol on it.

Seehttp://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

No problem. Though, I must admit that I thought there was a new article which
I had not seen before with some sparkly-new helpful information - but no ;-(
Take care.
DeanH

wrote:

All of my word documents are opening with a paragraph symbol on
every line. I Would like to know how to get rid of them.
Thanks for helping.
Christy.

Click the button on the toolbar or ribbon that has that same ¶
symbol on it.

Seehttp://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sparkly new articles are taking a back seat to trying to get the existing
ones updated for Word 2007, I'm afraid. Worse still, our Webmaster is unable
to process updates at the moment because an explosion forced him out of his
apartment just as he was about to move out anyway, and it will be weeks
before he is allowed back in to retrieve his furniture (and computer).

http://word.mvps.org

"DeanH" wrote in message
No problem. Though, I must admit that I thought there was a new article
which
I had not seen before with some sparkly-new helpful information - but no
;-(
Take care.
DeanH