Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TwoNotes TwoNotes is offline

Default How to type text before table at top of first page

Hello,

I have a table that starts at the top, first position of the page due to a
page break command. I would like to insert a picture above the table and
write text, but I am unable to get the cursor above the table.

Office instructions said to go to first cell, place cursor before text and
press enter. This works fine normally, but in "tracking changes" mode,
placing the cursor within the first cell before all text and pressing enter
causes the text to move down to line two instead of moving the table down.

Does anyone know how to get to that first position on the page before the
table while in tracking changes mode?

Thanks for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Turn Track Changes off temporarily, insert your return, then turn it back
on.

http://word.mvps.org

"TwoNotes" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a table that starts at the top, first position of the page due to a
page break command. I would like to insert a picture above the table and
write text, but I am unable to get the cursor above the table.

Office instructions said to go to first cell, place cursor before text and
press enter. This works fine normally, but in "tracking changes" mode,
placing the cursor within the first cell before all text and pressing
enter
causes the text to move down to line two instead of moving the table down.

Does anyone know how to get to that first position on the page before the
table while in tracking changes mode?

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Is the table on page 1 (as your subject says) or in the top of another page
(as your description says)?

Pressing Enter in the start of the first cell only inserts a paragraph
_above_ the table if the table is positioned in the very beginning of the
document. Instead, click in the first cell and select Split Table (this is
actually the command that is executed if you press Enter in the first cell of
a table in top of the document). The command is found he

Word 2003: Table Split Table.
Word 2007: Layout tab (visible when selection is in table) Merge group
Split Table.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)