Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Text Skipping

Some laptops have a button specifically to turn the touchpad on and off; I
wish they all did so you don't have to hunt around in Control Panel to
figure out how to do it.

http://word.mvps.org

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Lap top touch pads are frequently problematical. They respond to taps so
if you are a heavy handed typist or you brush the heel of your hand over
the pad they will react. When checking out laptops check out whether they
come with software to control the sesitivity of the touch pad - or turn it
off altogether and use a mouse.

angela g wrote:
Thanks. I've never had this problem with my desktop but had it
occasionally on my old Dell laptop, always after I typed a "y". (tho
fortunately not every time I typed Y)
Now I'm laptop shopping and the problem was really bad on the two
models I otherwise liked best, an Asus and an HP. Maybe this is
outside the scope of Word help but I'd really like to make sure that
it is just the touchpad before putting down up to $700 for a new
laptop. Is this something I do within the hardware or software?
(I wonder if the guys at Best Buy will help me or tell me not to do
that with their display models . . .)
Thanks in Advance.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Laptop? The usual cause is an over-sensitive touch pad.

Rachel wrote:
-- When I start typing text, suddenly the cursor jumps back and
continues to enter text in a new spot. My typing suddenly starts
appearing a sentence or two before, or a paragraph -- doesn't seem
to matter -- it just starts typing in a new location. I read
somewhere that perhaps it was a bluetooth mouse, but I've
disconnected that, and it has nothing to do with the mouse. Is
this a Microsoft Office 2007 problem? I'm using Windows Vista.
Rachel