Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sherobot sherobot is offline

Default Changing a header in a protected form 2007

I have a template that has certain sections protected. The first part is a
fill in form. The second part is a body of text that is not protected
allowing the user to change styles, underline, change font etc. The problem
is that if the user needs to use a second page they will have to put in
header information. I.e the name of the document and page number. On the
first page is the logo, but on secvond and corresponding pages I would like
the user to be able to name the document and have the page numbers work. Is
there any way to do this functionality in 2007?
I desparately need help with this Thakn you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the unprotected section, cut the header contents (that is, the logo).
Select "Different first page" in the Page Setup dialog box. Paste into the
first page header. Insert the page number and a FILENAME field in the main
header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP