Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hfarnham hfarnham is offline

Default auto text

How do I use auto text in an already existing Word 2007 document? I need to
turn a few key paragraphs in an existing document into a template type
document and I have no idea how.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:30:08 -0800, hfarnham
wrote:

How do I use auto text in an already existing Word 2007 document? I need to
turn a few key paragraphs in an existing document into a template type
document and I have no idea how.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...n/AutoText.htm.

AutoText entries can only be stored in a template (*.dotx or *.dotm
file), not in a document. You can use the Save As command (on the
Office button) and change the "Save as type" dropdown in the dialog to
"Word Template"; save the file in the Templates folder so it will be
available in the New Document dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman