Trent SC

Default Embedding pictures into a Word document

Which is the most size-efficient image file format to embed into a Word
document? I'm sending out some files to modem users and I want to minimise
the file size as much as possible.

TIA

TF

PNG and reduce the colour depth to the barest minimum., acceptable (reducing
colour depth is the last edit after you have cropped and resized). Unless
you already have a good graphics editor, the free to download IrfanView is
an excellent tool for cropping, changing file type and other basic editing.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Trent SC" wrote in message
: Which is the most size-efficient image file format to embed into a Word
: document? I'm sending out some files to modem users and I want to
minimise
: the file size as much as possible.
:
: TIA
:
:

Amedee Van Gasse

TF shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

PNG and reduce the colour depth to the barest minimum., acceptable
(reducing colour depth is the last edit after you have cropped and
resized). Unless you already have a good graphics editor, the free to
download IrfanView is an excellent tool for cropping, changing file
type and other basic editing.

ACK on PNG, ACK on IrfanView. It integrates perfectly in Total
Commander.
However I would advise The Gimp for more advanced image manipulation.
It's GNU, so it's Free!

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?