Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mrazanaqvee mrazanaqvee is offline

Default TOC Levels: Where are my styles

I have successfully created a TOC with a combination of \o \t

TOC \O \T "Raza1,3,Raza2,4,Raza5,4,Raza4,5"

The style Raza2 is not being picked up by TOC. I created a new style Raza5
applying it to a few crucial subheadings but even that didn't work.

These styles don't even appear in the Styles and TOC Levels window. Where
are my styles?

Thanks for any input.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

When this sort of thing happens to me, it is usually because I've not typed
the style names accurately in the TOC field. Make sure that they match
exactly--no extra spaces, no missing or added caps.

Pam

mrazanaqvee wrote:
I have successfully created a TOC with a combination of \o \t

TOC \O \T "Raza1,3, Raza2,4, Raza5,4,Raza4,5"

The style Raza2 is not being picked up by TOC. I created a new style Raza5
applying it to a few crucial subheadings but even that didn't work.

These styles don't even appear in the Styles and TOC Levels window. Where
are my styles?

Thanks for any input.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In addition to what Pam suggested, make sure that the "missing" style is a
paragraph style; the TOC cannot pick up character styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP