ChuckW

Default Splitting a Word file into several files

Hi,

I have a word document (actually a rich text format) file that is several
pages. I want to separate this into several files. Is there a program that
will do this?

Thanks
--
Chuck W
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Umm.... yeah. It's called Word. There are a variety of approaches one could
use, depending on whether the original formatting needs to be retained.
Assuming it does, one approach:

1. Open the original file. Choose File - Save As and give it the name of the
first file you want to create. Delete everything you don't want in that
file, then save/close it.

2. Open the original file. Choose File - Save As, and give it the name of
the second file you want to create. Delete everything you don't want in that
file, then save/close it.

Etc.

Or... if you've set it up using Heading # styles, you might find that the
Master Document approach would give you what you want (assuming Master
Document works for you... it doesn't always work for everyone, especially in
earlier versions of Word).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"ChuckW" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a word document (actually a rich text format) file that is several
pages. I want to separate this into several files. Is there a program
that
will do this?

Thanks
--
Chuck W

ChuckW

Herb,

i have a 10 page document so this is impracticle. There are programs out
there that do this automatically based on pages. Programs that will take a
10 page document and create 10 separate files. This is what I was looking
for.

--
Chuck W

"ChuckW" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a word document (actually a rich text format) file that is several
pages. I want to separate this into several files. Is there a program
that
will do this?

Thanks
--
Chuck W

Daiya Mitchell

See this post on a different thread for a macro:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...users/browse_f
rm/thread/dd59b44251eb4161/836f185236a2e747#836f185236a2e747

If necessary, then see:
Guide to Installing Macros

On 5/18/05 6:38 AM, "ChuckW" wrote:

Herb,

i have a 10 page document so this is impracticle. There are programs out
there that do this automatically based on pages. Programs that will take a
10 page document and create 10 separate files. This is what I was looking
for.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/