Fiona

Default I can't open a file in word 2003 that was created in word 2000

When I attempt to open this file it says word experienced an error trying to
open this file, try one of the following:
Check the file permissions
Make sure there is sufficient memory
Open file with text recovery converter

I have tried opening through text recovery but all the formatting etc is
removed and it is a 25 page document that I REALLY don't want to have to
reformat if I don't have to - any suggestions????
Jezebel

'Text recovery' means exactly that -- recover the *text* from a file. It's a
last resort if the file is otherwise corrupt, which is what the error
message suggests. Was this file saved directly to a floppy disk on the W2000
machine? If so, try copying the file to your hard disk first and then
opening it; but you're probably out of luck.

"Fiona" wrote in message
When I attempt to open this file it says word experienced an error trying
open this file, try one of the following:
Check the file permissions
Make sure there is sufficient memory
Open file with text recovery converter

I have tried opening through text recovery but all the formatting etc is
removed and it is a 25 page document that I REALLY don't want to have to
reformat if I don't have to - any suggestions????

garfield-n-odie

Have you tried using the Open and Repair option? In Word, click
on File | Open, browse to your file, click on the little black
downward-pointing triangle at the right end of the Open button,
and choose Open and Repair.