Gav

Default Mailmerge using data from the web

I'm trying to create an address labels document using data from my website.
I've created a text file online but when I type the URL it says "document
name is not valid, check the path etc etc". When I save the file to my PC it
works file. If i load the URL as a new document itself it works fine, but
using it as a datasource it doesn't.
Peter Jamieson

That's correct - Word simply cannot use an Internet URL as a data source. It
needs a file that it can access through the Windows file system or via the
Windows network. Even if you do something like put your data in a SQL
database such as MySQL on your website, you will have to have either a .udl
file or .odc file, accessible via the Windows file system/Windows network,
with the necessary connection info. or an ODBC DSN to use the data as a
merge data source.

Peter Jamieson