lovely

Default How do I write a memo

Can someone please tell me how to write a memo? I am so confused and that is
what I have to do for my final.

Thanks.
Lovely
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I have to ask. What kind of a class are you taking that writing a memo
constitutes a final exam? and if we tell you how to do it, how does that
help you learn?

I know this sounds nasty, but it's not meant to be. If it's a test, then you
really need to learn how to do it yourself. We shouldn't do your work for
you.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"lovely" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how to write a memo? I am so confused and that
is
what I have to do for my final.

Thanks.
Lovely

lovely

Well I am not asking you to write one for me. I have never wrote one so I do
not even know what format to use. I know what I want to write about just do
not know how to start one.

FYI, I wasn't asking anyone to write it for me!

Lovely

"lovely" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how to write a memo? I am so confused and that
is
what I have to do for my final.

Thanks.
Lovely

garfield-n-odie

If writing a memo is the final, then it's presumable that
attempts were made to teach you how to write a memo during the
semester or year before the final. Too bad you didn't read the
textbook or do your own homework or pay attention in class.

"lovely" wrote in message

Can someone please tell me how to write a memo? I am so confused and that
is
what I have to do for my final.

Thanks.
Lovely

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

What specifically do you need? Have you looked for templates or are you
asking how to use a template? Do you need words? If that's the case, this
isn't the right place.

What part of writing a memo do you need help with? (And I *am* still curious
what kind of a class has you write a memo for a final.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"lovely" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how to write a memo? I am so confused and
that
is
what I have to do for my final.

Thanks.
Lovely

lovely

Well Joann, I just need help with the format of how to start a memo. I need
to correct myself, however. It is not my final, it is an assignment for week
10. I looked at it completely wrong (It is a freaking online course) because
it says something about the final for next week. The people who make up these
assignments do not explain very well. And the textbook does not have an
example. It is a comp class for college. And the funny thing is, I never had
to complete a memo before or else I wouldn't be in here.

Sorry about my previous post, I was just aggrivated because the preivous
poster basically insulted me. I do read the books and I do do my own
homework, I have just haven't had to do a memo in my life before.

And again, I am not looking for someone to tell me what to write, I am just
asking on what is supposed to be in a memo. As in how it is supposed to look.
The only instructions that I can seem to find is only telling me not to make
it too long.

I just do not understand. Is there anywhere that can tell me how it is
supposed to look or sound to the audience?

Lovely

"lovely" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how to write a memo? I am so confused and
that
is
what I have to do for my final.

Thanks.
Lovely

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I've sent memos that were schmoozy and some that sounded like I used the
OED. Memos are just notes. You need a Date, To, From, Subject and the memo
itself. That's it. Have you tried Google?

(And if you think *your* online class is confusing, you should see the one
I'm taking on Introduction to Programming. I'd kill for an assignment of
creating a memo. Imagine creating a pseudo code for a pseudo compiler and
you are CLUELESS about the terminology. I mean, come on! A fake code for a
fake compiler and, oh by the way, we're not going to tell you *how* to write
the lines you need to enter so it really pseudo works. ARGH!!)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"lovely" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how to write a memo? I am so confused and
that
is
what I have to do for my final.

Thanks.
Lovely

lovely

Thanks JoAnn for the info.

That does suck about your online course. I am lucky that my Intro to
programming was on campus or I would have def. failed it. I had to take two
programming classes. I know a little bit about it, but I don't remember
learning what a pseudo code was. However my bf is into programming so if you
need help with it, he could possibly help..

Lovely

"lovely" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how to write a memo? I am so confused and
that
is
what I have to do for my final.

Thanks.
Lovely

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I have a really great instructor and my fellow MVPs have been a TREMENDOUS
help to me. But I am grateful for the offer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

news

"lovely" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how to write a memo? I am so confused
and
that
is
what I have to do for my final.

Thanks.
Lovely

Have you tried using one of the Memo templates that ship with Word? You
should find them on the Letters & Mailings tab of the File New dialog.
There's even a Memo Wizard you can use to fill in the From, To, Subject, and
Date information. If you have Word 2002 or 2003, choose Template: On my
computer in the New Document task pane to get to the File New dialog.

"lovely" wrote in message
Can someone please tell me how to write a memo? I am so confused and that

is
what I have to do for my final.

Thanks.
Lovely

Jezebel

The obvious conclusions here are that --

a) You were right to take a class on how to write, and

b) It is entirely appropriate that you flunk.