GKW in GA

Default Issue with styles

I have a document that has a character style that does not have bold
specified. There is a string of characters that are formatted with the
non-bold character style but show up bold because the paragraph format has
bold specified. How can I get this character string to be non bold as
specified by it's character style and not be overidden by the bold in the
paragraph style
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?R0tXIGluIEdB?=,

I have a document that has a character style that does not have bold
specified. There is a string of characters that are formatted with the
non-bold character style but show up bold because the paragraph format has
bold specified. How can I get this character string to be non bold as
specified by it's character style and not be overidden by the bold in the
paragraph style

It's not possible. You'd need a second style for this. Bold and italics are
basically "toggle" fonts: bold + bold = not bold.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Joe McGuire

Sometimes the problem is that the style of the particular text is at odds
with some formatting that was locally applied, so that in effect the
"unbold" is overridden by the "bold." This can be confusing but the same
problem could occur if you (or somebody else) tried to unbold that text
locally. Since bold is toggled on and off, toggling it "off" twice may
mean it is on. I think local formatting will override a style. Try
highlighing the offending text, temporarily removing your style (i.e. Clear
Formatting) and see what you are left with. Hope this helps.

..