Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Hewitt Jim Hewitt is offline

Default replace formatting marks

I have assembled a large document using cut and paste techniques from
developer studio source code windows. Everything worked properly before I
reached the 2000 page mark. Now that the document is rather large, it seems
to interpret the "¶" character differently. When viewing the document map
plane, my header information shows up correctly for the first portion of the
document but when I add to it, certain lines of text formatted with the
normal style will show up in the document map plane as well.

I can remove them from the document map by cutting and pasting the "¶" from
a line of text that does not show up in the document map to a line of text
that does show up in the document map. Changing the style of the line has no
effect on this behavior. How do I perform a global search and replace of ^p
with ^p and why would it matter anyway?

Thanks in advance

Jim Hewitt

--
Jim Hewitt
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Jim,

Not sure if this answers your question, but might be a possible
explanation to your problem:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Replace_With_Paragraph.htm

What you might try is replacing ^13 with ^p

EditReplace

Type ^13 in find what
Type ^p in replace with

Jim Hewitt wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you need to do is change the outline level of the affected paragraphs.
See http://daiya.mvps.org/docmap.htm and
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/documentmap/index.html