Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack D. Jack D. is offline

Default Lost macros

Why am I losing macros I have recorded? How retrieve them? It appears that
a new "Normal.dot" is being created that does not keep the macros I have
recorded. How do I remedy this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The usual reason for normal.dot not being saved is interference from a third
party add-in. The most common offender is the early version of Acrobat 7 -
if that applies to you see the last part of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

Jack D. wrote:
Why am I losing macros I have recorded? How retrieve them? It
appears that a new "Normal.dot" is being created that does not keep
the macros I have recorded. How do I remedy this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack D.[_2_] Jack D.[_2_] is offline

Thank you, Graham, for your suggestion. But I do not think Adobe Acrobat is
the source of the problem. I have Adobe Reader (7.0), but not Acrobat, on my
computer and there is no add-on toolbar button for such. To make thinks more
confused, today I find all my lost macros have returned!

Jack D.