Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fontless in AR Fontless in AR is offline

Default How do I get a 13 point font for 2003 Office?

I need to write a paper and submit it using 13 point font. I have 10, 11,
12, 14 point font. How do I get a 13 point font on MS Office 2003. I have
XP Professional OS.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charlotte, NC Charlotte, NC is offline

"Fontless in AR" wrote:

I need to write a paper and submit it using 13 point font. I have 10, 11,
12, 14 point font. How do I get a 13 point font on MS Office 2003. I have
XP Professional OS.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charlotte, NC Charlotte, NC is offline

You would simply highlight the font size area and type in 13 and hit Enter.

"Fontless in AR" wrote:

I need to write a paper and submit it using 13 point font. I have 10, 11,
12, 14 point font. How do I get a 13 point font on MS Office 2003. I have
XP Professional OS.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Type the number 13 into the font size box, and then press Enter.

You can use any size from 1 to 1638 points, in half-point increments.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Fontless in AR wrote:
I need to write a paper and submit it using 13 point font. I have
10, 11, 12, 14 point font. How do I get a 13 point font on MS Office
2003. I have XP Professional OS.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

What font is selected when you do this? Is it a TrueType font such as
Times New Roman or Arial? Or is it one of the fonts that shows in the
list with a red A icon? TrueType fonts are "scalable" -- they can
print at any size you choose. The others are "bitmapped" fonts that
can print only the specific sizes provided.

Also, do you have a "real" printer selected as the Windows default, or
one of the "software only" ones such as Generic Text? If it is a real
printer, try updating or reinstalling the printer driver.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Fontless in AR wrote:
I need to write a paper and submit it using 13 point font. I have
10, 11, 12, 14 point font. How do I get a 13 point font on MS Office
2003. I have XP Professional OS.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fontless in AR[_2_] Fontless in AR[_2_] is offline

Jay, Thanks for your help. I finally got it to change to 13 point font by
highlighting the text before changing the font . It then worked! Thanks
much.

Fontless in AR wrote:
I need to write a paper and submit it using 13 point font. I have
10, 11, 12, 14 point font. How do I get a 13 point font on MS Office
2003. I have XP Professional OS.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Basil Brush Basil Brush is offline

Fontless in AR wrote:
I need to write a paper and submit it using 13 point font. I have
10, 11, 12, 14 point font. How do I get a 13 point font on MS Office
2003. I have XP Professional OS.

In a blank document with the font size set at say 10, or with the relevant
text highlighted, hold the Ctrl key & press the ] key and each tap increases
the font size one point. Alternatively, if the font size is set at say 16,
using the [ key reduces the size one at a time. B Brush