Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
convert address book from ME to XP

Default How do I add a windows ME address book to outlook and word?

I have recently purchased MS Office 2003 and I am running under
MS home XP. I have 470 names and addresses in an adress book written under
MS windows ME. I can Double click on the icon and work with the old addess
book on my new computer but I have not been able to read the file with
outlook or word 2003. Help. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y29udmVydCBhZGRyZXNzIGJvb2sgZnJvbSBNRSB0byBYUA ==?=,

I have recently purchased MS Office 2003 and I am running under
MS home XP. I have 470 names and addresses in an adress book written under
MS windows ME. I can Double click on the icon and work with the old addess
book on my new computer but I have not been able to read the file with
outlook or word 2003.

Word 2003 shares the "real" Outlook address book. You'd need to import the
addresses from OE to Outlook. Best place to ask how to do this would be an
Outlook newsgroup :-)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org