Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RevRusty

Default Template with headers, footers for multi-page letter

For my office staff I need to create a template for a two-page (front and
back) letter that has a header on the first page and footers that say "over
please" or "go on to next page". I've hacked around without success. Can
someone point me in the right direction?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

First, take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where
you want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

As to how to get it certain text to only show up when there are more pages,
you'll need an IF field along the lines of { IF {Page} {NumPages}
"...continued" } To get a feel for this, take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm. For even more,
see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm.

Hope this helps,
--