Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

Default Word 2007 Copy and Paste

If I copy and paste text from a document that does not have a page number
into a document that does have a page number and I include the last paragraph
symbol, it deletes the page number from the footer. The reverse also
applies. If I do not include the last paragraph number it does not delete
the page number from the footer or if I click on the autocorrect button after
I have pasted the text and choose "text only", this does not delete the page
number either but does delete any formatting. I realise that I can always
put a page number into the footer of the document I am copying from, then
copy the text and then delete the page number but is there any other way?

Does anyone have any ideas?
--
Thanks.
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

One quick tip, try not to copy over any section breaks, as this will
overwrite the section settings which include Header/Footer information.
If you do have section break, copy upto but not including the section break
marker for each section individually.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"Chris" wrote:

If I copy and paste text from a document that does not have a page number
into a document that does have a page number and I include the last paragraph
symbol, it deletes the page number from the footer. The reverse also
applies. If I do not include the last paragraph number it does not delete
the page number from the footer or if I click on the autocorrect button after
I have pasted the text and choose "text only", this does not delete the page
number either but does delete any formatting. I realise that I can always
put a page number into the footer of the document I am copying from, then
copy the text and then delete the page number but is there any other way?

Does anyone have any ideas?
--
Thanks.
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And of course note that the last paragraph mark in a document holds the
formatting for the final (or only) section.

http://word.mvps.org