Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
McGregor McGregor is offline

Default Installing Office 2003

How much better is Office 2003 than Office 2002?

In other words, should I spend the money to upgrade my current version of
Office 2002 on my home computer to install Office 2003?

I realize Office 2007 is the best, but most companies are not using it yet.

Thank you for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

If you are a single user you won't find much difference. If you are going to
upgrade you should go to 2007. Otherwise you are wasting your money.
--
Rae Drysdale

"McGregor" wrote:

How much better is Office 2003 than Office 2002?

In other words, should I spend the money to upgrade my current version of
Office 2002 on my home computer to install Office 2003?

I realize Office 2007 is the best, but most companies are not using it yet.

Thank you for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That's arguable! While the average user may not notice much difference
between 2002 and 2003, the latter is a better and more stable all round
product - and support should be maintained for 2003 for some time to come.
2007 on the other hand is a triumph of style over function. Hard core Word
power users are not in unanimous agreement that this is a step forward.

The old military expression 'Bull**** baffles brains' seems very appropriate
as an Office 2007 mission statement

Rae Drysdale wrote:
If you are a single user you won't find much difference. If you are
going to upgrade you should go to 2007. Otherwise you are wasting
your money.

How much better is Office 2003 than Office 2002?

In other words, should I spend the money to upgrade my current
version of Office 2002 on my home computer to install Office 2003?

I realize Office 2007 is the best, but most companies are not using
it yet.

Thank you for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I agree with Graham: Office 2003 may not have much 'must-have' functionality
over XP, but it is vastly more stable than XP. OTOH, Office 2007 is like
starting changing from IrfanView to Photoshop for editing your graphics. But
the more I use it the more I'm seeing some logic is the multitude of
changes. The final verdict is still out though.

There are also some real bargains around for Office 2003 upgrades at the
moment. And if you have the Teachers and Students edition, definitely go for
2003 as 2007 excluded Outlook.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP