Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Laura[_3_] Laura[_3_] is offline

Default Re-installing Microsoft Office 2007

Will I lose all my Microsoft Office 2007 documents (powerpoint, word, and
excel) if I uninstall it and then reinstall the software? Will this solve my
problem?
Problem:
When I want to open a hyperlink that I have cut and paste to a Word
Document, I
Ctrl + Click to follow link.
When I do, a window comes up that says,
Unable to open. (then the link) No program is registered to open this file.

Thanks
Laura
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No
What type of file are you trying to insert in your Word doc?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Laura" wrote in message
Will I lose all my Microsoft Office 2007 documents (powerpoint, word, and
excel) if I uninstall it and then reinstall the software? Will this solve
my
problem?
Problem:
When I want to open a hyperlink that I have cut and paste to a Word
Document, I
Ctrl + Click to follow link.
When I do, a window comes up that says,
Unable to open. (then the link) No program is registered to open this
file.

Thanks
Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Laura[_3_] Laura[_3_] is offline

Hello JoAnn
I copy and paste any URL to word and that window comes up.
I also have Microsoft Word 2003 installed still because excell has goal seek
on it and with 2007 I have to buy it. This is for my excell class. However,
the same window comes up with Word 2003. Did I accidently uninstall something?
--
Thank you so much,
Laura

"Laura" wrote in message
Will I lose all my Microsoft Office 2007 documents (powerpoint, word, and
excel) if I uninstall it and then reinstall the software? Will this solve
my
problem?
Problem:
When I want to open a hyperlink that I have cut and paste to a Word
Document, I
Ctrl + Click to follow link.
When I do, a window comes up that says,
Unable to open. (then the link) No program is registered to open this
file.

Thanks
Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Laura[_3_] Laura[_3_] is offline

It's a link from my class from WebCT. But any URL I copy or paste to Word
gives me the same window error.
for example...
Below is from my WebCT
I have to copy and paste it to the address bar to get there, or to any other
url.
Below is from my Electronic Instructional Materal (class book), the format
is in Adobe Reader (Text.pdf)
http://dssresources.com/history/sshistory.html
and adetailed history of VisiCalc at the inventors Web site,
http://www.bricklin.com.

--
Thank you so much for your help,
Laura

"Laura" wrote in message
Will I lose all my Microsoft Office 2007 documents (powerpoint, word, and
excel) if I uninstall it and then reinstall the software? Will this solve
my
problem?
Problem:
When I want to open a hyperlink that I have cut and paste to a Word
Document, I
Ctrl + Click to follow link.
When I do, a window comes up that says,
Unable to open. (then the link) No program is registered to open this
file.

Thanks
Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Which browser do you use for the Internet?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

news

"Laura" wrote in message
Will I lose all my Microsoft Office 2007 documents (powerpoint, word,
and
excel) if I uninstall it and then reinstall the software? Will this
solve
my
problem?
Problem:
When I want to open a hyperlink that I have cut and paste to a Word
Document, I
Ctrl + Click to follow link.
When I do, a window comes up that says,
Unable to open. (then the link) No program is registered to open this
file.

Thanks
Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Laura[_3_] Laura[_3_] is offline

I just remembered...last term i used modzilla but I wasn't comfortable with
it, so I uninstalled it.

"Laura" wrote in message
Will I lose all my Microsoft Office 2007 documents (powerpoint, word,
and
excel) if I uninstall it and then reinstall the software? Will this
solve
my
problem?
Problem:
When I want to open a hyperlink that I have cut and paste to a Word
Document, I
Ctrl + Click to follow link.
When I do, a window comes up that says,
Unable to open. (then the link) No program is registered to open this
file.

Thanks
Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers