Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ladyodenacht Ladyodenacht is offline

Default Pagination

I need my script to look uniform ... the same number of lines on each page
regardless of whether I am breaking up a paragraph or not. I have done this
in the past by going to Format/Paragraph/Line and Page Breaks and unclicked
Widow and Orphan Control and Don't Hyphanate. My questions are ... Will this
mess up any of the original formatting? and Is there a better way of doing
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ladyodenacht Ladyodenacht is offline

Suzanne,

Thank You for your quick response and the wealth of information. Now, I
know why my initial attempts worked. I format books for print and it is
necessary that each page contains 34 lines of text. I can manipulate the
text with spacing to incorporate a single word or two of a paragraph to fit
on one page and not carry over to the next page. I just didn't know if it
would mess up previous 'orphan' formatting of the script. I really appreciate
the help.
--
Linda

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm

"Ladyodenacht" wrote in message
I need my script to look uniform ... the same number of lines on each page
regardless of whether I am breaking up a paragraph or not. I have done
this
in the past by going to Format/Paragraph/Line and Page Breaks and
unclicked
Widow and Orphan Control and Don't Hyphanate. My questions are ... Will
this
mess up any of the original formatting? and Is there a better way of doing
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are plenty of "cheats" in Word (for more, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm), and most of them have no
real downside except for making the document more difficult to maintain. If
you're dealing with final edited copy that will not have to be changed
again, then anything you do to get the pagination needed is okay in my book!

Pagination Oxbow Microsoft Word Help 3 August 31st 07 02:22 AM
pagination DinahCloud Microsoft Word Help 1 February 5th 07 10:04 PM
X ANY PAGINATION JAmie Microsoft Word Help 1 December 12th 05 07:27 PM
pagination kyoseller Microsoft Word Help 1 March 10th 05 05:29 PM
pagination kyoseller Microsoft Word Help 0 March 9th 05 01:01 AM