Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Smilin'' Jim Fission Smilin'' Jim Fission is offline

Default How can I insert text to the left of bookmarked text?

If bookmarked text is at the top of a document or follows a table, I can't
insert text before the bookmarked text without the new text being included in
the bookmark (i.e., inside the opening bracket of the bookmark). One
workaround is to put a space or hard return before text to be bookmarked and
exclude the space/hard return from the bookmark. However, if it's the
beginning text of a document that I'm bookmarking, I don't want a space or
blank line. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The only workaround I know about is redefining the bookmark once you have
added the text: Select the text that should be bookmark, then open the
Bookmark dialog box, select the existing bookmark name, and click OK.

For what it's worth, any bookmark that includes the first character of a
paragraph will be expanded if you start typing at the beginning of the
paragraph, but for paragraphs not at the beginning of a document (or
following a table), you can work around that by adding text to the paragraph
above instead (and then delete the paragraph mark).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Smilin'' Jim Fission" wrote in