Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Default Large white spaces in when using an outline.

Sometimes outlines automatically apply unwanted formatting options to certain
styles. You could try putting your cursor in the paragraph after the blank
space and checking the paragraph formatting to see if it's formatted as Keep
with Next ¶ or Page Break Before. If your non-printing characters are showing
on screen, those formatting options will be represented by a small black
square in the left margin.

If the paragraph after doesn't have any unusual formatting, place your
cursor in the paragraph before the blank space and check the paragraph
formatting to see if it has an unusually large space after set.

"Elizabeth (Past IE Software Tester)" wrote:

When I have a document with just typical outline for a test plan like below,

1.1
1.1.1
1.1.1.1 etc,
For no reason some pages, 2/3rd of the page is white (blank) and it
continues the outline on the next page. I cannot type in this white space,
and cannot back space to close the gap and cannot see why. I did no special
formatting.