Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nancy 2glow Nancy 2glow is offline

Default Word 2000 mail merge created documents also opens Excel data sourc

The separate documents I created using Mail Merge are opening with the Excel
data source. How do I stop this from happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Did you actually execute the merge to a new document? If you a separate
document created for each record, execute the merge to a new document and
then run the following macro on that document:

Sub splitter()
' splitter Macro
' Macro created by Doug Robbins to save each letter created by a mailmerge
' as a separate file, retaining the header and footer information.
Dim i As Long, Source As Document, Target As Document, Letter As Range
Set Source = ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To Source.Sections.Count
Set Letter = Source.Sections(i).Range
Set Target = Documents.Add
Target.Range = Letter
Target.Sections(2).PageSetup.SectionStart = wdSectionContinuous
Target.SaveAs FileName:="Letter" & i
Target.Close
Next i
End Sub

For other methods, see the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP
Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

--
Hope this helps.