Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ayoung ayoung is offline

Default browse by page

Is there a way to set the select browser object to default to browse by page?

Several people have asked how to clear the find or find and replace so that
the page up/down buttons actually move the document instead of performing the
last search all over again. Continually having to reset the browse by object
is VERY annoying. Shame on me, I'm sure there are a multitude of people who
use is religiously and couldnt live without it. More power to €˜em. On the
other side of the pendulum, I cant stand the feature.

Please someone; tell me there is a way to set it to default to browse by
page! Or some way to shut off the auto-reversion to the last browse by
object used.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The function stores the last used option, until reset by restarting Word.
The simplest solution is probably to add a toolbar button to call a macro to
change it containing the line:

Application.Browser.Target = wdBrowsePage

However the page up/down buttons do move the document. It should only be the
browse up and down buttons that use the browse function. A decent wheel
mouse may be a reasonable investment too?

ayoung wrote:
Is there a way to set the select browser object to default to browse
by page?

Several people have asked how to clear the find or find and replace
so that the page up/down buttons actually move the document instead
of performing the last search all over again. Continually having to
reset the browse by object is VERY annoying. Shame on me, I'm sure
there are a multitude of people who use is religiously and couldn't
live without it. More power to 'em. On the other side of the
pendulum, I can't stand the feature.

Please someone; tell me there is a way to set it to default to browse
by page! Or some way to shut off the auto-reversion to the last
browse by object used.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ayoung ayoung is offline

Hi,

Thanks for the work around it may shorten the process of resetting the
browse by option but it still has to be reset. Every time. So, am I correct
in assuming the answer to the last part of my question about turning it off
entirely is no?

Thanks again,
ay

ayoung wrote:
Is there a way to set the select browser object to default to browse
by page?

Several people have asked how to clear the find or find and replace
so that the page up/down buttons actually move the document instead
of performing the last search all over again. Continually having to
reset the browse by object is VERY annoying. Shame on me, I'm sure
there are a multitude of people who use is religiously and couldn't
live without it. More power to 'em. On the other side of the
pendulum, I can't stand the feature.

Please someone; tell me there is a way to set it to default to browse
by page! Or some way to shut off the auto-reversion to the last
browse by object used.

page numbers Jarski Microsoft Word Help 1 May 27th 06 12:28 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
preview odd number pages on the right and even on the left mikeo Page Layout 6 February 26th 05 12:26 AM