Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Default large amount of extra space before page breaks?

In word 2003, one Word file with text that I got from another source has
large amounts of extra space before every page break, and I cannot figure out
why. It does not seem to be a footer with paragraph marks, I checked that, or
a header??

In page setup, the margins are all one inch, but in page setup it shows it
with 2/3 of a page and lots of space at the bottom. every page. Is there a
pagebreak control?

any ideas. thanks, JF
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Check the formatting of the paragraphs that begin the pages. On the Line and
Page Breaks tab of Format | Paragraph, see if "Page break before" or "Keep
with next" is checked. Also, if you'll display text boundaries (Tools |
Options | View) you won't need to guess whether the space is in the footer
or the document body.

t.com wrote in message
In word 2003, one Word file with text that I got from another source has
large amounts of extra space before every page break, and I cannot figure
out
why. It does not seem to be a footer with paragraph marks, I checked that,
or
a header??

In page setup, the margins are all one inch, but in page setup it shows it
with 2/3 of a page and lots of space at the bottom. every page. Is there a
pagebreak control?

any ideas. thanks, JF

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

thanks. It was the "keep lines together" in the paragraph format tab in my
normal style. Hard to find ......

t.com wrote in message
In word 2003, one Word file with text that I got from another source has
large amounts of extra space before every page break, and I cannot figure
out
why. It does not seem to be a footer with paragraph marks, I checked that,
or
a header??

In page setup, the margins are all one inch, but in page setup it shows it
with 2/3 of a page and lots of space at the bottom. every page. Is there a
pagebreak control?

any ideas. thanks, JF

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

The clue is the little black box in the left margin adjacent to the
paragraphs with Keep Lines Together applied.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

t.com wrote in message
In word 2003, one Word file with text that I got from another source
has
large amounts of extra space before every page break, and I cannot
figure
out
why. It does not seem to be a footer with paragraph marks, I checked
that,
or
a header??

In page setup, the margins are all one inch, but in page setup it shows
it
with 2/3 of a page and lots of space at the bottom. every page. Is
there a
pagebreak control?

any ideas. thanks, JF

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Well, that bullet can signify any one or more of the following:

Keep with next
Keep lines together
Page break before
Suppress line numbering

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Check the formatting of the paragraphs that begin the pages. On the Line
and
Page Breaks tab of Format | Paragraph, see if "Page break before" or
"Keep
with next" is checked. Also, if you'll display text boundaries (Tools |
Options | View) you won't need to guess whether the space is in the
footer
or the document body.

"removing all headers and footers"
t.com wrote in