Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
danisana danisana is offline

Default how can I undo an ecryption in a document?

I encrypted a document just to see how it works and I'd like to know if tihis
is permanent or if I can reverse the encryption.
Thank you !
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you open the file, using your password, then remove the password and
resave the document it will not be encrypted.

danisana wrote:
I encrypted a document just to see how it works and I'd like to know
if tihis is permanent or if I can reverse the encryption.
Thank you !

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 06:43:01 -0700, danisana
wrote:

I encrypted a document just to see how it works and I'd like to know if tihis
is permanent or if I can reverse the encryption.
Thank you !

Exactly how did you encrypt it?

If you did it by adding a password in the Save dialog, then you can reverse it
by opening the document (using the password), using the Save As dialog, and
blanking out the password before saving the document to the same (or another)
file name.

If you did it by using the right-click Properties dialog in Windows Explorer,
clicking the Advanced button, and checking the option to encrypt, then go back
to the same dialog and uncheck the option.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman