Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DWC via OfficeKB.com DWC via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Dictation not working in Speech

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for taking the time to assist...

Whilst I have placed this issue under Word, it extends to all Office 2003
applications and at least Notepad.

I have setup speech recognition on my PC (XP Pro 2002 sp2) and although,
voice commands and training seems to work perfectly, dictation is not working
i.e. no blue bar / no text entered / no words appear in the language bar
message field.

To clarify, I have setup Speech on the system as follows:

Default Input Language = English (United States) - US
Installed Services, as follows:

English (United States)
Keyboard (US)
Voice Recognition

Language Engine = Microsoft English (U.S.) v6.1 Recognizer

Compatibility Configuration = "yes" to 'Extended support of advanced text...'

The only abnormality on my 'work' PC is that the XP Pro role it included
selecting an MS 2000 theme (i.e. certain XP/ Office 2003 features seem to be
disabled e.g. my places bar) but speech is an available option in the Office
Tools menu and I have selected it.

Thanks for considering?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DWC via OfficeKB.com DWC via OfficeKB.com is offline

Please help...