Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OldManEd[_2_] OldManEd[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 Default Font

Where does one set (change) Word's default font? Does one need to create a
new, revised normal.dot file? I can find anywhere in Word's options a place
to make this change?

In fact, I would like to change Word, Excel and Access default fonts, each
to a different one.

OMEd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

There are several ways to change the default font in Word. One way would be
to edit Normal.dotm directly. Using the interface, however, the easiest way
to is press Ctrl+D (or click the Font launcher in the lower right corner of
the Font section in the Home ribbon tab), choose the desired font, then
click the Default button at the bottom of the Font dialog box.

There are other ways, and each of us has our own favorite. But, try the
Ctrl+D route and see if it solves your need.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible