Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lois Lois is offline

Default How do I get Borders to come to the end of the page in Word?

I can not get my Borders to come to the end of the page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Do you mean you can't print something to the edge of the paper?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Lois" wrote in message
I can not get my Borders to come to the end of the page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

Are you applying a border to a paragraph or to the page?
You have 3 options using Borders (otherwise you can draw a line
instead):
Go though Format/Borders and Shading and you can assign a border to a
paragraph (and if it is at the bottom of the page you can do it this
way)
Go to Format/Borders and Shading while in the footer and you can
assign a page border if you don't select text (or you could select
text and apply the border to the footer)
Go through File/Page Setup/Layout/Borders to assign borders to the
page.

On Jul 8, 5:36*pm, Lois wrote:
I can not get my Borders to come to the end of the page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

You could either add a page border:
-File/Page Setup/Layout/Borders or go into the footer without
selecting any text and use Format/Borders and Shading
or a paragraph border:
-Use Format/Borders and Shading after selecting the footer or
selecting a paragraph at the bottom of the page

On Jul 8, 5:36*pm, Lois wrote:
I can not get my Borders to come to the end of the page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

You can either add a page border or a paragraph border:
Page border is either in File/Page Setup/Layout/Borders or go into the
footer without selecting the footer use Format/Borders and Shading
Paragraph border is from Format/Borders and Shading after selecting a
paragraph (you could select the footer, but it would be in a different
location than the page border)

On Jul 8, 5:36*pm, Lois wrote:
I can not get my Borders to come to the end of the page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kate G. Kate G. is offline

But remember -- most printers will not print edge of paper to edge of
paper. And to the best of my knowledge -- if that is a limitation of your
printer -- there is no good way to work around other than to reset the size
of your paper to a custom setting so it thinks your paper is longer than it
is. But that won't solve the problem at the top edge of the paper.

--

Kathryn Groves