Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default Question about sections

Is there a way to select all of the text in one section? I'm working with a
manual that has 28 sections and my boss now wants me to use Arial instead of
Times New Roman in a couple of them. (I've tried telling him the TNR is
easier to read when printed but he's the boss.....)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

See if you can alter this macro to select and change font?

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...d59131db9df0c4

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Is there a way to select all of the text in one section? I'm working with
a manual that has 28 sections and my boss now wants me to use Arial
instead of Times New Roman in a couple of them. (I've tried telling him
the TNR is easier to read when printed but he's the boss.....)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hitting F8 twice will select the word, three times the sentence, four
times the paragraph---and five times the section!

Try telling him switching fonts among sections will look amateurish.

Daiya

JoAnn Paules wrote:
Is there a way to select all of the text in one section? I'm working with a
manual that has 28 sections and my boss now wants me to use Arial instead of
Times New Roman in a couple of them. (I've tried telling him the TNR is
easier to read when printed but he's the boss.....)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Thanks for that info. I know I can use that.

At least he no longer wants *everything* changed. I'm recreating a manual
that was done back in the mid-90's. Although it was computer-generated,
there's no electronic document available. He wants the new doc to look like
the old doc down to the page breaks. I did that and I have 208 pages, all
with manual page breaks. Now he's talking about changing fonts. When I did a
blank change, it jumped up to 216 pages. He's backed off to just using Arial
in the tables (about 50 pages).

He's actually a good boss. He basically tells me what he needs and then
leaves me alone to do it. I'm putting in a few OT hours this morning just to
work on this font thing. If I could just get Word to stop automatically
changing the entire document when I make a change, I'd be deliriously giddy.
Until then, I'll be happy to just select a section. :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

JoAnn Paules wrote:
Is there a way to select all of the text in one section? I'm working with
a manual that has 28 sections and my boss now wants me to use Arial
instead of Times New Roman in a couple of them. (I've tried telling him
the TNR is easier to read when printed but he's the boss.....)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

JoAnn Paules wrote:
I'm recreating a manual
that was done back in the mid-90's. Although it was computer-generated,
there's no electronic document available. He wants the new doc to look like
the old doc down to the page breaks.

why, oh why? accept the modern age, people. A good TOC and Index will
cover any page break confusion.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I know that and you know that but I think it's so that if one person with an
old version telephones another with a new version, they won't have to deal
with different page numbers.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

JoAnn Paules wrote:
I'm recreating a manual that was done back in the mid-90's. Although it
was computer-generated, there's no electronic document available. He
wants the new doc to look like the old doc down to the page breaks.

why, oh why? accept the modern age, people. A good TOC and Index will
cover any page break confusion.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Can't they both just consult the web version?

JoAnn Paules wrote:
I know that and you know that but I think it's so that if one person with an
old version telephones another with a new version, they won't have to deal
with different page numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If they had access to the web that would be ideal but they are usually in
the vehicle with test equipment hooked up. The manual is the explanation of
the various codes the tester produces. These guys are out there without
computers. Tablet PCs would be idea tho.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

JoAnn Paules wrote:
I know that and you know that but I think it's so that if one person with
an old version telephones another with a new version, they won't have to
deal with different page numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Baby steps. :-)

I have a couple of simple styles but it was more important to get the text
correct and on the same page numbers.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you had created a specific Table Text style, you could just change the
font of the style.

so
all may benefit.