Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shirley Shirley is offline

Default Can't open word file

when i open the .doc file in "my computer", it will open this file in
microsoft frontpage & not in microsoft word. how can i slove this problem?
i can open .doc file only when i open microsoft word first!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PKG-TxState[_2_] PKG-TxState[_2_] is offline

I have seen this problem with Excel files. I open them and it tries to save
them as a web page. I think, but I am not an expert, that the XML in the
Office 2007 format makes Windows think it is a web page file rather than a
doc file. You may have to open them in Word and re-save with the file type
of Word 2003.
Pat Gibson

"shirley" wrote:

when i open the .doc file in "my computer", it will open this file in
microsoft frontpage & not in microsoft word. how can i slove this problem?
i can open .doc file only when i open microsoft word first!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Win XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859