Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sharon Sharon is offline

Default Convert Text to Table

I am trying to convert text into a table. I have a number and description
with a dash between them. I am trying to conver this to a table with two
columns, the first column for the number (02) and the second for the
description. I did a search and replace for the dash and substituted it for
a tab. I then selected Table/Convert/Text to Table and select two columns
and for the "separate text at" I selected "tab". When I click OK, the text
converts to a table but with only one column. Why is it doing this? I
thought it would convert the text to two columns at the tab.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Works for me here. I suspect the "tab" you substituted is not really a
tab character. In the Find and Replace dialog, you should have clicked
in the Replace With box, clicked on More | Special | Tab Character.