Sync03

Default How do I set up a floating header?

I am writing a research paper and need to use a floating header for all pages
after pg1. I can't find anything about a floating header in the help area,
is there another name for it and how do I set it up?

Thanks,

Margaret Aldis

Can you explain what you mean by 'floating header'? For a research paper I
can't imagine you need anything more exciting or novel than the sort of page
header Word allows you to set up from Header and Footer view (usually called
'running heads' in the trade).

To have the header appear only on pages after the first, first set
"Different First Page" on the File Page Setup Layout tab. Make sure you
have two pages in your document, go into Header and Footer view, and enter
the text and fields for your header in the main header, leaving the first
page header blank.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP