Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Karen Karen is offline

Default Spouses with different last names

Can't figure out how to direct Word to print labels in the following format:

Mr. and Mrs. John Smith (when both spouses have same last name) vs.

Mr. John Smith
Ms. Kathy Taylor (when spouses have different last names. )

Guessing I need an If statement, but can't figure it out.....

My data is set up with seperate fields for Courtesy Title, first name, last
name for the contact and spouse seperately, and an "extra" courtesy title
field for "Mr. and Mrs."

Please help! and thanks in advance
--
Karen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You need something like

{ IF { Mergefield SpouseLastName } "" "{ IF{ Mergefield LastName } {
Mergefield SpouseLastName } "{ Mergefield CourtesyTitle } { Mergefield
FirstName } { Mergefield LastName } & { Mergefield SpouseCourtesyTitle } {
Mergefield SpouseFirst Name} { Mergefield SpouseLastName }" "{ Mergefield
CourtesyTitle } & { Mergefield SpouseCourtesyTitle } { Mergefield
LastName }" }" "{ Mergefield CourtesyTitle } { Mergefield FirstName } {
Mergefield LastName}" }

You would need firstname lastname and courtesytitle for both principal and
spouse. The Mr & Mrs field is superfluous

The above should cater for single people as well as married people and
cohabitees.Change the field names as appropriate. Each pair of curly
brackets is inserted with CTRL+F9