Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tom Tom is offline

Default Bookmark currency field

Hi hope this is the right place for this question.

Am using Access & Word 2002 and using Officice Automation to pass Access
data to a Word document.

Where I am having a problem is from Access I am bring over a currency field
e.g. £500.00 but in the bookmarked field in Word it shows as 500.

How can I get it to show as £500.00 in Word.

TIA

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use Format([AccessData], "£#,###.00")

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi hope this is the right place for this question.

Am using Access & Word 2002 and using Officice Automation to pass Access
data to a Word document.

Where I am having a problem is from Access I am bring over a currency
field e.g. £500.00 but in the bookmarked field in Word it shows as 500.

How can I get it to show as £500.00 in Word.

TIA

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tom Tom is offline

Hi Doug

If I use Format([AccessData], "£#,###.00") in Access the data still appears
in Word as 500.

Tom
Use Format([AccessData], "£#,###.00")

--

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi hope this is the right place for this question.

Am using Access & Word 2002 and using Officice Automation to pass Access
data to a Word document.

Where I am having a problem is from Access I am bring over a currency
field e.g. £500.00 but in the bookmarked field in Word it shows as 500.

How can I get it to show as £500.00 in Word.

TIA

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Then use a currency formatting switch on the merge field
see http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi hope this is the right place for this question.

Am using Access & Word 2002 and using Officice Automation to pass
Access data to a Word document.

Where I am having a problem is from Access I am bring over a
currency field e.g. £500.00 but in the bookmarked field in Word it
shows as 500. How can I get it to show as £500.00 in Word.

TIA

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

How are you inserting the information into the bookmark?

If you use Format() in a query in Access, it will convert the numeric value
of 500 to a string of £500.00

If you use code like the following to insert some Access data into a Word
document.

documentobject.Bookmarks("somebookmark").Range.Ins ertBerfore
Format([AccessData], "£#,###.00")

you would get £500.00 inserted into the .Range of the bookmark.

If you are using mail merge to insert the data into Word (in which case the
reference to a bookmarked field is not relevant, you would add a

\# "£,#.00"

formatting switch to the mergefield code.

--

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi hope this is the right place for this question.

Am using Access & Word 2002 and using Officice Automation to pass Access
data to a Word document.

Where I am having a problem is from Access I am bring over a currency
field e.g. £500.00 but in the bookmarked field in Word it shows as 500.

How can I get it to show as £500.00 in Word.

TIA

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tom Tom is offline

On the Word document I am using bookmarks not Merge fields.

How can I use a formating switch on a bookmark?

Tom

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi hope this is the right place for this question.

Am using Access & Word 2002 and using Officice Automation to pass
Access data to a Word document.

Where I am having a problem is from Access I am bring over a
currency field e.g. £500.00 but in the bookmarked field in Word it
shows as 500. How can I get it to show as £500.00 in Word.

TIA

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tom Tom is offline

From Access am using:

intAmount = Format(Me![AgreedFee], "£#,###.00")

.ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("AgreedFee").Select
.Selection.Text = intAmount

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi hope this is the right place for this question.

Am using Access & Word 2002 and using Officice Automation to pass
Access data to a Word document.

Where I am having a problem is from Access I am bring over a currency
field e.g. £500.00 but in the bookmarked field in Word it shows as 500.

How can I get it to show as £500.00 in Word.

TIA

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Looking at the example in Doug's branch of the thread, something of the
order of

Dim rAmount As Range
Set rAmount = ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("AgreedAmount").Range
rAmount.Text = Format(intAmount, "£#,###.00")
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add "AgreedAmount", rAmount

but I concede I don't know a lot about the Word object library when used
from Access.

Tom wrote:
Hi Doug

If I use Format([AccessData], "£#,###.00") in Access the data still
appears in Word as 500.

Tom
Use Format([AccessData], "£#,###.00")

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi hope this is the right place for this question.

Am using Access & Word 2002 and using Officice Automation to pass
Access data to a Word document.

Where I am having a problem is from Access I am bring over a
currency field e.g. £500.00 but in the bookmarked field in Word it
shows as 500. How can I get it to show as £500.00 in Word.

TIA

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use

.ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("AgreedFee").Range.Inser tBefore
Format(Me![AgreedFee], "£#,###.00")

Your code will run much quicker if you use the .Range object rather than the
..Selection object of you have the code Select bookmarks and then set the
..Text property of the bookmark.

See the article "Working with Bookmarks in VBA" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...hBookmarks.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

From Access am using:

Access currency field Tom Mailmerge 3 May 18th 08 06:54 AM
Merge Field Currency Switch Rounding workliveplay Mailmerge 14 May 5th 07 12:46 AM
Conditional Currency/Text Field Format in Merge Suzamo Mailmerge 3 March 14th 07 11:06 AM
Includetext field does not display form field bookmark Trudie Microsoft Word Help 0 November 10th 05 02:02 PM
How do I format a merge field as Currency or %? hmj3b5 Mailmerge 1 February 22nd 05 08:07 AM