Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sunny sunny is offline

Default word doc to send in pdf format without saving it?

Can I take a created word doc and email it in PDF format without saving the
file?
I need to convert my letterhead itineraries for clients even smaller than
the compressed file I am using. I am required to put it in now a PDF format,
but I do not want to save these files. I normally email the word doc without
saving can I also do this with the PDF conversion?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I think that in order to do that, whatever software you are using to produce
your .pdfs would have to allow you to email without saving the pdf. I only
have a rather old copy of the full Acrobat here and as far as I know, it
always needs to save its output to disk, but it's possible that one of the
other .pdf converters can do it.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Sunny" wrote in message
news
Can I take a created word doc and email it in PDF format without saving
the
file?
I need to convert my letterhead itineraries for clients even smaller than
the compressed file I am using. I am required to put it in now a PDF
format,
but I do not want to save these files. I normally email the word doc
without
saving can I also do this with the PDF conversion?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2007 with the Microsoft PDF add-in will allow you to send a pdf copy of
the current document without saving a local copy of either the document or
the PDF (other than the one attached to the sent message). Acrobat - even
the current version - requires that the document be saved before it can
create a PDF. However the simplest solution if you are sure you will never
want these documents/pdfs locally again is to delete them after sending the
message.

Peter Jamieson wrote:
I think that in order to do that, whatever software you are using to
produce your .pdfs would have to allow you to email without saving
the pdf. I only have a rather old copy of the full Acrobat here and
as far as I know, it always needs to save its output to disk, but
it's possible that one of the other .pdf converters can do it.

news