Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jonathan Parminter

Default >> Global Template

Hi, can you please confirm my thoughts on the following.

We have several agenda item templates. The layout is
different from template to template. However, formatting
is the same. For example, Heading 1 has the same
formatting for all these templates.

My thought is to set up a global agenda template that has
all the styles used by all standard agenda templates. The
reason is to avoid duplication of styles and the resulting
problem of updating/maintenance. Another problem this is
to help resolve, is that we have more than one contributor
to agenda documents. An outcome we want is that we can
combine documents into a single document (using Insert
File) without having to reformat.

So, we will have a style named, 'Agenda' in each standard
template and in the global template.

When the format of the Agenda style is changed/updated in
the global template, will this change update each of the
standard templates' Agenda style?

Any ideas or suggestions for a better method
appreciated. :-)

Cheers
Jonathan