Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dottie dottie is offline

Default Formula for value of merged data times %

We have a Word merge document that we are pulling data from an Excel
spreadsheet. all the merge fields are working well, except now we need to
take the value of a merged cell and multiply it by a oercen.
i.e. merged value*1.04 (4%)
Is this possible?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Suppose the Excel column is called "mycolumn"

Then in your Word document, you probably have a field like

{ MERGEFIELD mycolumn }

(use Alt-F9 to show the {} )

If so, select that, then press Ctrl-F9 to give you

{ { MERGEFIELD mycolumn } }

then type a "=" and "* 1.04" around that { MERGEFIELD mycolumn } to give you
something like

{ ={ MERGEFIELD mycolumn } * 1.04 }

[NB, each pair of {} is a special pair of "field braces" that you can insert
using ctrl-F9.]

Then try again...

--
Peter Jamieson