Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
takalevy takalevy is offline

Default Can't Connect Word Mail Merge to Mail Client

I've created a mail merge file using Word 2007 and Excel 2007. It prints
great, but I cannot get it to send by e-mail. I'm sure problem is that I
have to define mail client and somehow attach it to Word. I have Office 2007
Pro Plus installed. I've configured Outlook 2007 to work as an IMAP client
on GMAIL and it works perfectly and have set it up as default mail client. I
also have Thunderbird 2.0 installed. When I go to Mailings Finish & Merge
Send E- Mail Messages the 'Merge to E-mail screen comes up and I've set the
To: Field to EMAIL which is the field in my data that contains e-mail
addresses, I've also set the Send Records to Current Record and clicked ok.
The Merge to E-mail screen closes and nothing happens. I can't find
anything in the help screens to resolve problem. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.