Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mishelley Mishelley is offline

Default Merge using PDF Template

Good Morning,
I hope you can help ASAP since I'd like to automate this process today. I
have a 12 page application form in pdf format that I would like to pre-fill
for our users. I would like to use mail merge somehow to merge the
applicants data onto the form. However, I cannot see how it is possible in
Word to place the fields on the primary document. I can certainly bring the
data in using Excel.

Please let me know the best method for this. Thank you!

Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

When you say that you can "certainly bring the data in using Excel", do you
mean that you can automate the process of populating the fields on the .pdf
from with data from Excel.

If that is the case, and the data that you want to use on the form is
presently in a table in a Word document, select that table and then copy it
to the clipboard and then paste it into Excel.

I suspect however that the statement that I quoted above is not really the
case and I do not think that it is something that can be done using
mailmerge in Word. Googling for AutoFill PDF Form however turns up a number
of leads that claim to do what you want. One example is

http://www.evermap.com/automailmerge.asp

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mishelley" wrote in message
Good Morning,
I hope you can help ASAP since I'd like to automate this process today. I
have a 12 page application form in pdf format that I would like to
pre-fill
for our users. I would like to use mail merge somehow to merge the
applicants data onto the form. However, I cannot see how it is possible
in
Word to place the fields on the primary document. I can certainly bring
the
data in using Excel.

Please let me know the best method for this. Thank you!

Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mishelley Mishelley is offline

Wow! Thanks, Doug. It looks the the AutoMailMerge product info you sent
will work perfectly. I'm going to test out the trial version today.

Have a great day and thanks again for your speedy reply!

"Mishelley" wrote in message
Good Morning,
I hope you can help ASAP since I'd like to automate this process today. I
have a 12 page application form in pdf format that I would like to
pre-fill
for our users. I would like to use mail merge somehow to merge the
applicants data onto the form. However, I cannot see how it is possible
in
Word to place the fields on the primary document. I can certainly bring
the
data in using Excel.

Please let me know the best method for this. Thank you!

Michelle

Word 2003 pulls up my mail merge template, but doesn't complete the merge into a new Form Letter 1 Sean Steele Mailmerge 1 April 12th 07 11:04 PM
Template/Mail Merge/Help Bealey Microsoft Word Help 3 January 23rd 07 07:26 PM
Template for mail merge Doug Lowe Mailmerge 2 March 16th 06 08:12 PM
MAIL MERGE TEMPLATE djb Mailmerge 1 August 27th 05 06:03 AM
template merge Lisa Mailmerge 3 July 13th 05 07:33 PM