Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Karen Stephen Karen Stephen is offline

Default Trouble Using Outlook for a Mail Merge

I am trying to do a mail merge in Outlook. I have all of the e-mail addresses
in an Excel file. I can't figure out how to get the e-mail addresses in to
the To:, CC: or BCC: fields. The e-mail addresses keep ending up in the body
of my message next to the greeting line, even if I put the cursor elsewhere.
Everything works fine until we get to the e-mail address part of the mail
merge. Is there some trick I am missing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

Karen Stephen,
1. Open Word FILE New Document Select Email Message Select the Excel
file as your source Select the recipients Construct the message with
message and all the Mergefields that you need. Do not insert the
email_address field, into the message body.
2. On the MailMerge toolbar Select Merge to Email You will have to option
to send to the email address mergefield, this will put a recipient's email
address in the TO Line: for each message, you will not need to use the CC:
or BCC: Line Also add you subject line manually that you want to use
Select OK.
3. You will get a warning that some program is trying to access the Outlook
Address book Select Yes each time to send each message there is a third
party program called ClickYes that has been recommended to avoid this. I
personally have not used it, so I have no opinion on its merits.

ClickYes Download:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/clickyes.html
Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

Mail Merge Trouble Linda S. Mailmerge 1 July 29th 06 03:04 PM
Mail merge trouble Alice O Mailmerge 2 April 6th 06 07:39 AM
Trouble with Mail Merge John Tesler Mailmerge 3 March 12th 06 02:53 PM
trouble with mail merge autoxer Mailmerge 1 April 15th 05 10:32 PM
I am having trouble using Mail-Merge in Word 2003; I am used to t. Vincent Ciminera Mailmerge 2 March 21st 05 08:36 AM