Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Wordisdrivingmeinsane Wordisdrivingmeinsane is offline

Default Copying table rows into new document

I have a table in one document and am copying certain rows into a new
document. I would like it to create one new table in the new document that
looks exactly the same as the last. I have set the default paste options to
'keep source formatting'. Yet every time I paste a row, it is as though it is
a new table all on its own and not formatted like the source table, but in
bold type instead. This is driving me mad as I cannot select a column, it
only selects the column for that row i.e. one cell and I can't make changes
to it as a whole. I just don't understand why it pastes each row as a new
table rather than as a new row in a table. Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

"Wordisdrivingmeinsane"
wrote in message ...
I have a table in one document and am copying certain rows into a new
document. I would like it to create one new table in the new document that
looks exactly the same as the last. I have set the default paste options
'keep source formatting'. Yet every time I paste a row, it is as though it
is
a new table all on its own and not formatted like the source table, but in
bold type instead. This is driving me mad as I cannot select a column, it
only selects the column for that row i.e. one cell and I can't make
changes
to it as a whole. I just don't understand why it pastes each row as a new
table rather than as a new row in a table. Please help!

The font in the table is controlled by the table style in use. Try modifying
the table style applied to the table in the target document.

To prevent the table row from pasting as a separate table, make sure that
the tables have their Text Wrapping set to "None" (on the Table tab of the
Table Properties dialog box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP