Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cycling Dude Cycling Dude is offline

Default Space following bullet in multi-level bulleted list

I am attempting to create a bulleted list with 2 levels. The first level is
formatted just as I want. For the second level, no matter what value I put in
"Tab space after". the space after the bullet doesn't change. It appears to
be about 1/10th of an inch. And don't tell me I need to used styles. I am
using styles for everything.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Cycling Dude" wrote:

I am attempting to create a bulleted list with 2 levels. The first level is
formatted just as I want. For the second level, no matter what value I put in
"Tab space after". the space after the bullet doesn't change. It appears to
be about 1/10th of an inch. And don't tell me I need to used styles. I am
using styles for everything.

How did you set that tab space?
What value did you want?
Are we talking about Outline level or two independant levels?
If Outline level, make sure you use the procedure outlined by Shauna Kelly:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html
(In step one, if you are setting up Bullet Outline, don't use Heading 1 and
2, just create your own styles (without the bullets) instead and use the
procedure from point 2 onwards, adapting it to bullets instead of numbers.)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cycling Dude Cycling Dude is offline

I'm using 2 independent styles. I'm referring to the value in the "Tab space
after" field in the "Text position" area of the "Customize Bulleted List"
dialog. I want the value to be 0.25 inches.

Cycling Dude

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

"Cycling Dude" wrote:

I am attempting to create a bulleted list with 2 levels. The first level is
formatted just as I want. For the second level, no matter what value I put in
"Tab space after". the space after the bullet doesn't change. It appears to
be about 1/10th of an inch. And don't tell me I need to used styles. I am
using styles for everything.

How did you set that tab space?
What value did you want?
Are we talking about Outline level or two independant levels?
If Outline level, make sure you use the procedure outlined by Shauna Kelly:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html
(In step one, if you are setting up Bullet Outline, don't use Heading 1 and
2, just create your own styles (without the bullets) instead and use the
procedure from point 2 onwards, adapting it to bullets instead of numbers.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html.

--