Kate

Default I am using an unusual font - how can I set the default substitute.

I am using a user-defined templates which contains an unusual font that most
of my clients won't have (final documents are always PDFed).

However, I sometimes need to send documents to client to allow them to make
ammends. Is it possible to set the default substitute font to Arial so if the
client doesn't have my font they view it in Arial (rather than Times)?

This is driving me crazy so thanks for any help!!
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Kate,

The font substitutions are in the Windows registry
and aren't something you can generally set for another
from Word.

If you're sending documents out you may want to look
at the Embed font setting in Tools=Options=Save
but a PDF (graphic simulation) may not need a specific font.

=======
"Kate" wrote in message news I am using a user-defined templates which contains an unusual font that most
of my clients won't have (final documents are always PDFed).

However, I sometimes need to send documents to client to allow them to make
ammends. Is it possible to set the default substitute font to Arial so if the
client doesn't have my font they view it in Arial (rather than Times)?

This is driving me crazy so thanks for any help!!
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

Klaus Linke

Hi Kate,

A trick you might try:
Helv and Helvetica are usually substituted by Arial on all systems. So =
you could try to format the text in "Helv" (by typing that into the font =
dropdown), and choosing your font as a substitute in "Tools Options =
Compatibility Font substitutions".
On other machines, Arial should be used by default.

I can't guarantee that this will work. It might depend on whether =
Helv/Helvetica is a printer resident font on your machine, and you might =
have to delete the substitutions for Helv in your Registry... In that =
case make a backup first, and proceed on your own risk...

:-) Klaus

"Kate" wrote:
I am using a user-defined templates which contains an unusual font=20
that most of my clients won't have (final documents are always PDFed). =

=20
However, I sometimes need to send documents to client to allow them to =

make ammends. Is it possible to set the default substitute font to =

Arial so=20